Destinations in Bolivia:
Top 10 Most Read
- How to get from Bangkok to Siem Reap
- Bangkok Southern Bus Terminal
- How to get from Phuket to Koh Phangan
- How to get from Koh Samui to Krabi
- Ao Nang Princess Ferry and Tour Company
- How to get from Krabi to Phuket
- How to get from Krabi to Koh Phi Phi
- Bangkok H & M Siam Paragon
- Pattaya Immigration Office
- Haad Rin Queen Ferry - Koh Phangan
La Paz is the administrative capital of Bolivia, while Sucre is the constitutional capital and the seat of the Supreme Court. La Paz was established in 1548, and is in the Andes. Altitude of the city ranges from about 4058 meters above sea level in El Alto to 3100 meters in the lower residential area.
(Tiwanaku, the ruins of a pre-Incan civilization also known as "the Stonehenge of the Americas")
In Western Bolivia you will find Tiwanaku, the remains of a Pre-Incan civilization. This monumental city lays 13,000 feet above sea level and is a World Heritage Site. Tiwanaku is surrounded by mountain ranges, with Lake Titicaca on its west side. The massive blocks of a stone not indigenous to the flat plateau give rise to the site's nickname, "the Stonehenge of the Americas".
This Free Bolivia Travel Guide is offered to you by your Global Travel Mate. If you enjoyed reading this information or if the information is incorrect, please let us know through our Facebook page.
comments powered by Disqus