Areas in Curacao:
Top 10 Most Read
- How to get from Bangkok to Siem Reap
- Bangkok Southern Bus Terminal
- Bangkok Immigration Office
- Bangkok Eastern Bus Terminal
- Asiatique - The Riverfront
- Bangkok Northern Bus Terminal
- How to get from Koh Samui to Krabi
- Bangkok Victory Monument
- Koh Samui Immigration Office
- How to get from Siem Reap to Bangkok
Willemstad is the capital of Curacao. The city is divided in two parts by the entrance to the harbor. The side where you have the old historical centre is called Punda and the other side Otra Banda. The two parts of the city are connected by a swinging bridge that opens when big ships enter the harbor.
(The Penha Building at Willemstad, Curacao)
The centre of Punda is a UNESCO world heritage site due to the typical old Dutch buildings that have a typical Caribbean flair about them. The Synagogue in Willemstad that was built in 1692 is the oldest surviving synagogue in the Western hemisphere. Willemstad is a popular Cruise ship harbor.
comments powered by Disqus