Destinations in Montserrat:
Top 10 Most Read
- How to get from Bangkok to Siem Reap
- Bangkok Southern Bus Terminal
- Bangkok Immigration Office
- Bangkok Eastern Bus Terminal
- Asiatique - The Riverfront
- Bangkok Northern Bus Terminal
- How to get from Koh Samui to Krabi
- Bangkok Victory Monument
- Koh Samui Immigration Office
- How to get from Siem Reap to Bangkok
Montserrat is an Island in the Lesser Antilles. The Island is currently recovering from some natural disasters that hit hard in the eighties and nineties. In 1995 the Soufriere Hills volcano erupted and the capital of Plymouth was completely covered in ash and mud.
(Canons covered in ash and mud at the old fort in Plymouth)
The southern part of the Island where the volcanic disaster happened is now called the Exclusion Zone. It is possible to visit the Zone with a guide. The Northern part of the island that was spared during the disaster shows how the island used to be. It has lush green mountains and great beaches.
comments powered by Disqus