Areas in Hanoi:
Top 10 Most Read
- How to get from Bangkok to Siem Reap
- Bangkok Southern Bus Terminal
- Bangkok Immigration Office
- Bangkok Eastern Bus Terminal
- Asiatique - The Riverfront
- Bangkok Northern Bus Terminal
- How to get from Koh Samui to Krabi
- Bangkok Victory Monument
- Koh Samui Immigration Office
- How to get from Siem Reap to Bangkok
Hanoi is the capital city of Vietnam and has a rich history, the city celebrated its 1000 aniversary in 2010. The city was the capital of Vietnam for almost 800 years between 1010 and 1802.
View Hanoi, Vietnam in a larger map
The French made Hanoi the capital of French Indochina in 1902 and for that Hanoi also has a French colonial heritage, both when it comes to restaurants and architectural styles of many of the hotels. Visit the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, get lost in the Temple of Literature or spend an evening at the Water Puppet Theatre.
(A very common sight in Hanoi, motorcycles, motorcycles and more motorcycles)
While in Hanoi, it's highly recommended to make an overnight trip to Ha Long Bay. There you can witness the over 3000 tiny islands which together form a dramatic limestone seascape that without a doubt is Vietnam's most natural wonder and an UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Articles for Hanoi
comments powered by Disqus