Areas in Phuket:
Home / Asia / Thailand / Phuket / Phuket Beaches /
Phuket Kata Beach
Kata Beach on Phuket is situated just South of Karon Beach. Kata actually has two beaches, Kata Yai to the North and Kata Noi to the South.
Kata Yai Beach has beautiful white sand and has a nice mix of relaxing and activities. It still has the Thai village atmosphere and for that is popular with families who don't like the hustle and bustle of Patong. In front of the beach you can see Pu Island.
(Kata Yai Beach on Phuket)
Kata Noi is smaller and more quiet then Kata Yai. The beach is very nice and ideal for snorkeling as there are a lot of fish along the rocks on the side of the beach.
(Pu Island on Kata Yai Beach)
During High Season (November to April) when the sea is calm Kata attracts mainly sun worshippers and in the Low Season surfers take over and enjoy the waves at Kata.
Kata is about 20 kilometers from Phuket City.
Things To Do in Kata Beach:
Hotels on Kata Beach:
- Aloha Residence price range: 500-2900 baht
- Lae Ley Suites price range: 2000-4000 baht
- Kata Beach Resort & Spa price range: 2200-18000 baht
- Boathouse resort on the beach price range: 4750-39000 baht
- Mom Tris Villa Royale price range: 7900-25000 baht
Restaurants in Kata Beach:
- Biker's Corner Kata Beach (European)
- Boathouse Wine & Grill (Thai/Mediterranean)
View Phuket, Thailand in a larger map