Areas in Koh Chang:
Top 10 Most Read
- How to get from Bangkok to Siem Reap
- Bangkok Southern Bus Terminal
- Bangkok Immigration Office
- Bangkok Eastern Bus Terminal
- Asiatique - The Riverfront
- Bangkok Northern Bus Terminal
- How to get from Koh Samui to Krabi
- Bangkok Victory Monument
- Koh Samui Immigration Office
- How to get from Siem Reap to Bangkok
Koh Mak is a small island South of Koh Chang. The population of Ko Mak is around 500 and the atmosphere is very laid back. The main vegetation on the island are coconut palm trees, which gives it the typical look of a tropical paradise. Koh Mak is not hilly and there are not a lot of motor vehicles. For that the ideal way to explore the island is on foot or by bicycle.
(Koh Kham just 30 minutes by Kayak from Koh Mak)
There are a few good beaches on the northwest and southwest of the island. This is also where you find most resorts. There are many stretches of beach on Ko Mak with no development. There are three smaller islands with resorts near Koh Mak, namely Koh Kham, Koh Rayang Nok and Ko Kra Dad.
(The Green House on Koh Mak)
There is a daily ferry from Laem Ngop on the main land to Ko Mak and Ko Kham. The trip takes about 3 hours and leaves at 15:00 from Laem Ngop.
Hotels on Koh Mak Island:
- KohMak Resort price range: 1000-7200 baht
comments powered by Disqus