Areas in Bangkok:
Top 10 Most Read
- How to get from Bangkok to Siem Reap
- Bangkok Southern Bus Terminal
- Bangkok Immigration Office
- Bangkok Eastern Bus Terminal
- Asiatique - The Riverfront
- Bangkok Northern Bus Terminal
- How to get from Koh Samui to Krabi
- Bangkok Victory Monument
- Koh Samui Immigration Office
- How to get from Siem Reap to Bangkok
Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport
Suvarnabhumi airport is the main International airport in Bangkok. It is situated about 30 kilometers east from the city. Suvarnabhumi airport is a modern airport, it opened in 2006. Before 2006 the main airport in Bangkok was Don Mueng airport, which now is only used by local carriers Nok Air and Orient Thai.
(Shops at Suvarnabhumi airport in Bangkok)
Suvarnabhumi is the busiest airport in South East Asia. All major International airlines that fly to Bangkok use Suvarnabhumi airport. All facilities that you expect from a modern airport are there. There are plenty of shops and restaurants.
It is easy to get from the airport to downtown Bangkok. There is an Airport Rail Link that connects Suvarnabhumi with the city’s public transport system such as BTS and MRT. There are buses that connect with several areas in the city such as Kao San Road and Hua Lampong train station. Taxies to the city are inexpensive. A normal ride should be between 300 and 400 baht (including 50 baht airport fee).
If you are looking to store your luggage on the airport, there are two places. The first one is located on the second floor near the doors where you arrive on domestic flights. The second one can be found on the fourth floor at departures opposite the P check in area.
Hotels at Suvarnabhumi Airport:
- Convenient Resort price range: 500-1200 baht
- Mariya Boutique Residence price range: 1200-2600 baht
- Best Western Amaranth Hotel price range: 3100-3900 baht
View Bangkok in a larger map
How to get from Bangkok to other destinations:
If you think this information is usefull and you are planning to book your hotel in Bangkok with Booking.com or Agoda.com, please consider using this links below. For you it will be the same price and they will give us a small comission ;-)
comments powered by Disqus