Destinations in Taiwan:
Top 10 Most Read
- How to get from Bangkok to Siem Reap
- Bangkok Southern Bus Terminal
- Bangkok Immigration Office
- Bangkok Eastern Bus Terminal
- Asiatique - The Riverfront
- Bangkok Northern Bus Terminal
- How to get from Koh Samui to Krabi
- Bangkok Victory Monument
- Koh Samui Immigration Office
- How to get from Siem Reap to Bangkok
Taiwan is a mountainous Island 160 kilometers east of mainland China. Most people live on the east coast of the country because the central area and west coast is too mountainous.
(The skyline of Taipei with the Taipei 101)
On the northern tip of the island lays Taipei City, the capital of Taiwan and the political centre of the country. Taipei is rich in cultural heritage. Manka is an important area with its old temples, old streets and narrow gates. Visit the famous Longshan temple. Taipei is also home to the second largest skyscraper in the world, the Taipei 101.
(The Longshan temple in Lugang)
On the east coast in the centre of Taiwan you will find Lugang. This historical city has many old buildings built by the Dutch and Chinese during the Qing Dynansty when it was the only port that could trade with mainland China.
This Free Taiwan Travel Guide is offered to you by your Global Travel Mate. If you enjoyed reading this information or if the information is incorrect, please let us know through our Facebook page.
comments powered by Disqus