Areas in Lumbini:
Top 10 Most Read
- How to get from Bangkok to Siem Reap
- Bangkok Southern Bus Terminal
- Bangkok Immigration Office
- Bangkok Eastern Bus Terminal
- Asiatique - The Riverfront
- Bangkok Northern Bus Terminal
- How to get from Koh Samui to Krabi
- Bangkok Victory Monument
- Koh Samui Immigration Office
- How to get from Siem Reap to Bangkok
Lumbini in southwest Nepal is the place where Lord Buddha or Siddhartha Gautama was born in the year 563 BC. Lumbini is world-heritage listed and attracts Buddhist pilgrimes from around the world, who arrive to pay homage at the Maya Devi Temple and the Sacred Garden where Buddha was given birth under a Bodhi tree.
(The Ashoka Pillar and Maya Devi Temple where Buddha was born)
Another famous landmark in Lumbini is the Ashoka Pillar raised by the great Emperor who converted to Buddhism.
Today Lumbini has been enlivened by the multitude of architecturally beautiful temples, stupas and monasteries built by various international Buddhist communities making the town a symbol of world peace.
Articles for Lumbini
comments powered by Disqus