Areas in Bagan:
Top 10 Most Read
- How to get from Bangkok to Siem Reap
- Bangkok Southern Bus Terminal
- Bangkok Immigration Office
- Bangkok Eastern Bus Terminal
- Asiatique - The Riverfront
- Bangkok Northern Bus Terminal
- How to get from Koh Samui to Krabi
- Bangkok Victory Monument
- Koh Samui Immigration Office
- How to get from Siem Reap to Bangkok
Bagan or Pagan is ancient city in Myanmar packed with temples, pagodas and shrines. In total there are more than 3000 religious buildings in Bagan spread out over an area of 42 square kilometers. It is said that there are even more then 4000 temples, but some of them are merely piles of rubble.
View Bagan Myanmar in a larger map
Bagan is actually the largest area of Buddhist temples in the world. The city is built on a plane and when you manage to climb one of the temples you can see stupa’s until the horizon. It is a spectacular sight.
(Temples, stupas and pagodas as far you can see)
The central area in Bagan is Old Bagan. Most important temples are built around and inside the old city walls. Old Bagan also houses some interesting museums.
Articles for Bagan
comments powered by Disqus