Areas in Vientiane:
Top 10 Most Read
- How to get from Bangkok to Siem Reap
- Bangkok Southern Bus Terminal
- Bangkok Immigration Office
- Bangkok Eastern Bus Terminal
- Asiatique - The Riverfront
- Bangkok Northern Bus Terminal
- How to get from Koh Samui to Krabi
- Bangkok Victory Monument
- Koh Samui Immigration Office
- How to get from Siem Reap to Bangkok
Vientiane is the capital of Laos and a relatively tranquil place if you compare it with for example Bangkok or Hanoi. It might not be the largest capital in south east Asiai but is is filled with interesting sights. There are some interesting old French colonial buildings.
View Vientiane, Laos in a larger map
(Patuxai victory monument Vientiane)
Vientiane is situated on the Mekong River. On the Riverside you can find most bars, restaurants and hotels. There is also a newly created park along the river.
(King Anouvong offers his hand in friendship towards the Thai side of the Mekong)
25 kilometers south east of Vientiane you will find the Buddha Park where you can see many intersting buddha images. If you want to know more about the recent history of Laos you can also visit COPE where you can find information about the American bombings in Laos during the Vietnam War.
How to get from Vientiane to other destinations:
Articles for Vientiane
comments powered by Disqus