Areas in Luang Prabang:
Top 10 Most Read
- How to get from Bangkok to Siem Reap
- Bangkok Southern Bus Terminal
- Bangkok Immigration Office
- Bangkok Eastern Bus Terminal
- Asiatique - The Riverfront
- Bangkok Northern Bus Terminal
- How to get from Koh Samui to Krabi
- Bangkok Victory Monument
- Koh Samui Immigration Office
- How to get from Siem Reap to Bangkok
Luang Prabang Nong Khiaw
Nong Khiaw or Muang Ngoy as the local’s call the area is situated about 140 kilometers North of Luang Prabang in Laos. It is situated on the banks of the Ou River and has some amazing limestone mountains surrounding the area.
(The river at Nong Khiaw in Laos)
Nong Khiaw itself is a small village and you can easily get around on foot. When you are in the town you should try and make a trip to the 100 waterfalls.
Nong Khiaw can be reached by slow boat, or bus. The slow boat is a great experience, but a bit more expensive then the bus. The trip by boat will take around 6 to 7 hours and by bus it will take you between 3 and 4 hours.
comments powered by Disqus