Areas in Agra:
Top 10 Most Read
- How to get from Bangkok to Siem Reap
- Bangkok Southern Bus Terminal
- Bangkok Immigration Office
- Bangkok Eastern Bus Terminal
- Asiatique - The Riverfront
- Bangkok Northern Bus Terminal
- How to get from Koh Samui to Krabi
- Bangkok Victory Monument
- Koh Samui Immigration Office
- How to get from Siem Reap to Bangkok
Agra is famous for being home to one of the seven wonders of the world, the Taj Mahal. The architectural splendour of the mausoleums, the fort and the palaces are vivid reminders of the 16th and early 17th century capital. Other famous sights are the Agra Fort (also known as the Red Fort of Lal Qila), the Jami Masjid Mosque and Itimad-ud-Daulah's Tomb.
A pleasant town with comparatively slow pace, Agra is known for its superb inlay work on marble by craftsmen supposedly the descendants of those who worked under the Mughals on the Taj. The city is also famous for its carpets, gold thread embroidery and leather shoes.
Articles for Agra
comments powered by Disqus