Areas in Xi an:
Top 10 Most Read
- How to get from Bangkok to Siem Reap
- Bangkok Southern Bus Terminal
- Bangkok Immigration Office
- Bangkok Eastern Bus Terminal
- Asiatique - The Riverfront
- Bangkok Northern Bus Terminal
- How to get from Koh Samui to Krabi
- Bangkok Victory Monument
- Koh Samui Immigration Office
- How to get from Siem Reap to Bangkok
For 1,062 years beginning in the 11th century B.C., Xi'an was the capital of 13 dynasties including the Western Zhou, Qin, Western Han, Eastern Han, Sui, and Tang. The continuous dynastic occupation kept the city beautiful and magnificent.
(The Terracotta army at Xi'an)
The city is packed with palaces and temples. More then two hundred and seventy were built during its heyday, such as the "Three Han Palaces" in the Han dynasty, namely Changle, Weiyang, Jianzhang Palaces, and numerous other palaces and watch towers.
The most well known among these is the Tomb of Emperor Qin Shihuang, with the Terracotta Warriors and Horses. Xi'an is also the starting point of the ancient Silk Road.
Articles for Xi an
comments powered by Disqus