Areas in Macau:
Top 10 Most Read
- How to get from Bangkok to Siem Reap
- Bangkok Southern Bus Terminal
- Bangkok Immigration Office
- Bangkok Eastern Bus Terminal
- Asiatique - The Riverfront
- Bangkok Northern Bus Terminal
- How to get from Koh Samui to Krabi
- Bangkok Victory Monument
- Koh Samui Immigration Office
- How to get from Siem Reap to Bangkok
Macau Monte Fort
Address: Fortaleza do Monte, Macau
Opening hours: daily 07:00 till 19:00
Mount Fortress or Monte Fort in Macau was built in 1617-1926, it occupies a hilltop to the east of the ruins of St. Paul’s. From this fortress you have an amazing view of the city of Macau. The Macau Museum is also located inside the Fortress complex.
(Monte Fort near the Church of St Paul)
Monte Fort was constructed by the Jesuits as part of a complex which also included the collage and church of St. Paul’s. The canons were used only once, when the Dutch invaded Macau in 1622. This was also the first residence of the governors of Macau.
(View from Monte Fort with the Grand Lisboa Casino in the background)
Over the following decades trees grew from the platform of the fort which was transformed into a public park where residents and visitors come to enjoy the views.
comments powered by Disqus