Areas in Siem Reap:
Top 10 Most Read
- How to get from Bangkok to Siem Reap
- Bangkok Southern Bus Terminal
- How to get from Phuket to Koh Phangan
- How to get from Koh Samui to Krabi
- Ao Nang Princess Ferry and Tour Company
- How to get from Krabi to Phuket
- How to get from Krabi to Koh Phi Phi
- Bangkok H & M Siam Paragon
- Pattaya Immigration Office
- Haad Rin Queen Ferry - Koh Phangan
Siem Reap Sam Veasna Centre
Location: Wat Bo, Street 26, 200 meters past Angkor Village Hotel
Tel: +855(0)63 761 597, +855(0)12 520 828
Open: Monday to Friday
The Sam Veasna Center in Siem Reap, Cambodia is located at Wat Bo Street 26 in the Wat Bo Area. It was founded in 2003 to serve as a focal point for conservation initiatives in Northwestern Cambodia and therefore has been developing activities to promote wildlife conservation. The Sam Veasna Center also takes interested groups or individuals to see rare birds in remote areas, ensuring that responsible toursim best practises are followed, and provides trained English-speaking birding guides.
The Sam Veasna Center organises birdwatching tours in the vicinity of Siem Reap from half a day to as long as two weeks to Tmatboey, Ang Trapeang Thmor Sarus Crane Reserve, Prek Toal on Tonle Sap Lake and to the Florican Grassland Sites.
The eco-tourism tours have been developed in partnership with the Wildlife Conservation Society, which is an international NGO devoted to protecting wildlife around the world, and the rural communities living in the less-accessible birding sites. Contribution from tourists are used for village development funds, that are tied to the community abiding by no-hunting and land-use agreements.
View Siem Reap in a larger map
comments powered by Disqus