Areas in Phnom Penh:
Top 10 Most Read
- How to get from Bangkok to Siem Reap
- Bangkok Southern Bus Terminal
- Bangkok Immigration Office
- Bangkok Eastern Bus Terminal
- Asiatique - The Riverfront
- Bangkok Northern Bus Terminal
- How to get from Koh Samui to Krabi
- Bangkok Victory Monument
- Koh Samui Immigration Office
- How to get from Siem Reap to Bangkok
The Cambodian capital Phnom Penh is with 2 million inhabitants the largest city in the Kingdom and also its commercial, economic and political hub. Characterised by its unique location at the confluence of the rivers Mekong, Tonle Sap and Bassac, its colonial villas, boulevards lined with trees, art-deco architecture combined with local traditions, Phnom Penh still has kept its original charm.
View Phnom Penh in a larger map
Nowadays it is hard to imagine that this lively Asian capital was unoccupied for several years after the invasion and evacuation by the Khmer Rouge in April 1975.
Due to the central location Phnom Penh also is a gateway to Cambodia's tourist attractions. The temples of Ankgor in the western part of the country, the beaches and islands in the south or the national parks in the north-east can be reached overland within a few hours.
Tips on what to do in Phnom Penh:
- Wake up early and join the Khmer for morning sport activities.
- Enjoy a sunset cocktail overlooking the Mekong.
If you think this information is usefull and you are planning to book your hotel in Phnom Penh with Booking.com or Agoda.com, please consider using this links below. For you it will be the same price and they will give us a small comission ;-)
Articles for Phnom Penh
comments powered by Disqus