Top 10 Most Read
- How to get from Bangkok to Siem Reap
- Bangkok Southern Bus Terminal
- How to get from Phuket to Koh Phangan
- How to get from Koh Samui to Krabi
- Ao Nang Princess Ferry and Tour Company
- How to get from Krabi to Phuket
- How to get from Krabi to Koh Phi Phi
- Bangkok H & M Siam Paragon
- Pattaya Immigration Office
- Haad Rin Queen Ferry - Koh Phangan
Battambang Kamping Pouy water reservoir
Location: 30 km southwest of Battambang
Best time to visit: anytime, sunset
Combine a visit of Kamping Pouy Basin with the Temple Phnom Banan as it is on the way!
The trip from Battambang in Cambodia to Kamping Pouy itself is an attraction as you will pass beautiful countryside. The water reservoir was built by the Khmer Rouge in one of their grander schemes and ten-thousand of people died during its construction.
(The Kamping Pouy Water Reservoir is now a recreation site for the locals)
Nowadays the Kamping Pouy water reservoir is a very popular picnic spot for locals at the weekend. There are a number of food and drink stalls overlooking the lake where you can relax in a hammock.
It is also possible to charter a boat to go out on the lake and maybe visit some of the people who live in stilt houses.
View Battambang in a larger map
comments powered by Disqus